Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you are having a good week so far. The girls and I are counting down the days until Spring Break – we’re ready, truthfully, for school to be out for the year. It’s these last couple of months that get really hard – the weather gets pretty and we stay outside later and later. It makes bedtime slip later and then we don’t want to get up in the mornings.
It’s so pretty outside right now – it’s like nature is just showing off, revealing more and more beauty as the weeks progress. Dormant plants turn to buds. Buds turn to blooms, erupting in color and delighting our eyes.
Of course, there’s the pollen and allergies that go with it – but I think that the girls and I are getting a handle on that – thanks to Allegra!
Here’s what we have on our menu for the week this week. Trying to finish off some leftovers we had from the weekend and last week… along with some requests from the family.
- Monday: Chicken Parmesan (with leftover spaghetti sauce)
- Tuesday: BBQ chicken, mac & cheese & veggies (leftover from Sunday dinner)
- Wednesday: Rotel Chicken Pasta bake(Big Girl’s request)
- Thursday: Asian chicken stir fry (Little Bit’s request)
- Friday: Seafood (SuperMan’s request) –maybe low country boil or salmon croquettes
- Saturday: Hamburgers & Hotdogs (if the weather is nice)
- Sunday: Ham, rice & black-eyed peas
I also made some beef stew in the crock pot last night so that SuperMan has something warm to eat for lunches this week.
NEED MORE IDEAS?
You can find more yummy recipes on orgjunkie.com where you can find some great recipes and menu plans.
I’ll be back tomorrow with some updates to my Project Life pages and then later this week I’ll be sharing a recipe for something new we tried over the weekend that was a huge hit with the family, thanks to Pinterest!