It’s a gloomy, rainy and cold Monday here in North Georgia.
I’m battling some type of bug, too. Earache and sore throat. I will be dosing it with some Vitamin C and Tylenol and staying on the sofa today, I think, (boo)
Planning some comfort food for dinner tonight. Chicken & Dumplings ought to do the trick… if I just feel up to COOKING it later today.
Here’s what is on the rest of the menu for the week. This will be my last menu before Christmas as next week the girls and I will be visiting family right up to Christmas weekend. I have no idea how things will go meal-wise there, so I’m not even going to worry about menus until after Christmas.
The “big meal” (Christmas eve) I already have (mostly) planned. Just need to coordinate with our friends who will be joining us.
As for this week, here’s the agenda:
- Monday: Chicken & Dumplings
- Tuesday: Country Fried Steaks, Mashed potatoes & gravy
- Wednesday: Baked Chicken (my crock pot “baked” chicken)
- Thursday: Beef Stew
- Friday: Fajitas or Pizza
- Saturday: big Christmas party with our church small group. Everyone is bringing appetizers – I’m planning to make desserts and SuperMan is making his famous Brunswick Stew.
- Sunday: no big cooking planned as this is the start of our travel week.
What about you? Anything planned for this week? Any new recipes to share?
Hop on over to orgjunkie.com for more inspiration and recipe links.
- Menu Plan Monday ~ 5 December (thoughtsalonglifeshighway.com)
- Menu Plan Monday ~ 14 November 11 (thoughtsalonglifeshighway.com)
- Menu Plan Monday ~ 26 September (thoughtsalonglifeshighway.com)