I’m still addicted to Pinterest.
It’s a great way to wind down at the end of a busy day – especially when SuperMan is watching something on TV that I don’t care about.
I feel like Johnny Five when I’m browsing – “Input! Input!”
So, I thought I’d share some of my more recent pins – things that got me thinking about how I could do them myself:
What are your favorite things you’ve pinned lately?
Please share! I’d love to see!
Hey y’all – sorry I’ve been silent this week. Took a little holiday and went to see Mom and then when we got home it was a little crazy around here. And every time I thought to write a blog post my brain would go blank. Rather than posting junk, I just stayed silent.
Today, though, I’m trying to relax and enjoy a little peace and quiet at home with the girls. SuperMan has a class this weekend all weekend so we’re girls-only around here for now. That means PJ’s, hot tea, girl movies and some craftiness I’m sure. It’s cold and rainy this morning, too, so I have no incentive to get outside and do anything. The world will have to wait.
I thought I’d share with you some of my favorite pins with you – things I’ve pinned lately to try (or have tried).
New Things to Cook
(View my pin board here)
- Does this not look heavenly? Grilled mozzarella cheese sandwiches served up with a side of marinara! It’s like a personal pizza – sounds so good.
- And I’ve always wanted to try a Texas Sheet Cake – they look sooo sweet, though. This one might be better? It’s a lightened-up version.
- I remember Mama making cabbage rolls when we grew up – I didn’t like the cabbage but I loved the stuffing. I might try these for the girls.
- This peach cobbler-cake looks really, really good. I may have to try this with some frozen peaches sometime soon.
(view my pin board here)
Project Life Ideas
(view my pin board here)
One Last Thing
And I’ll leave you with one little bit of silliness – I still laugh when I read this:
I admit it – I’m a Pinterest addict. I love it. I love the visual stimulation. I love the myriad ideas. I love the variety.
I thought I’d share some of my recent pins with you – some of the projects/recipes I’ve got on my “to do” list for the near future.
Recipes to try:
Fall things to do/try:
- I love this fall wreath.
- and these pumpkins are just beautiful. May have to steal SuperMan’s drill…
- this table-topper is simple and beautiful.
- and this fall trail mix looks really good. May make some of these for the kids to share with friends.
Do you Pinterest? Have any projects you have pinned that you are planning to do (or have done)? Share!!
I love Pinterest.
I love it for the ideas I find – crafty ideas, scrapbooking ideas, things to do with the kids ideas, but mostly, I love it for the food ideas. I love it so much, in fact, that I have set up several boards that are food related:
And then, of course, I have some seasonal-specific pins on my seasonal boards (i.e. Fall, Summertime, etc) It’s like having a huge online cookbook. With pictures!
I’m determined to, at some point, cook or try most of these things. I usually sit down on the weekend and try to pick out a couple to try the next week. Some are more successful than others. Those, I typically try to share with you.
Here are some that I am hoping to try really soon:
Are you a Pinterest addict? If you are, what are some of your favorite pins? Do you have any that were smashing successes? Or dismal failures?
I thought I’d share some recent recipe successes I’ve had – things that were new to us to try – and mostly stuff I’ve found on Pinterest. It’s my favorite new recipe site!
- not sure this soup has a name, but if it did, it should most definitely have cheese in the name of it. It’s kinda like Chicken Tortilla soup met cheese dip and had a baby and this is the love child. Very good and great on a cold winter day.
- I made these biscuits for breakfast one morning. The kids wouldn’t eat them (I think because they were both sick and I made them with whole wheat flour) but SuperMan and I loved them. (I made me-maw’s biscuits from this post)
- I made these sausage balls a while back (for Christmas) and they were a huge hit. The secret is cream cheese in the mix. Makes them very moist. And heck, if you’re eating sausage balls, what’s a little cream cheese? It’s not exactly diet food.
And here are some things I want to try but haven’t yet:
- I was planning to make these cheesy garlic biscuits for dinner one night (or, rather, with dinner. Not for dinner, although I could certainly get on board with cheesy biscuits for dinner.)
- And this pasta is called Angel Pasta. I’m thinking it looks an awful lot like an adulterated Alfredo, but I’m going to give it a try.
- And this cake just looks divine. I’ve already decided it’s going on the menu for the next get-together I have. Oh.my. I need an excuse to make it, have one piece and give the rest away.
What about you? Any recipes you’ve tried lately that your family has enjoyed? Any you have on the list of “to try soon?”
Join me on Pinterest for some fun!
But, I warn you… It is addictive.