Hey y’all – sorry I’ve been silent this week. Took a little holiday and went to see Mom and then when we got home it was a little crazy around here. And every time I thought to write a blog post my brain would go blank. Rather than posting junk, I just stayed silent.
Today, though, I’m trying to relax and enjoy a little peace and quiet at home with the girls. SuperMan has a class this weekend all weekend so we’re girls-only around here for now. That means PJ’s, hot tea, girl movies and some craftiness I’m sure. It’s cold and rainy this morning, too, so I have no incentive to get outside and do anything. The world will have to wait.
I thought I’d share with you some of my favorite pins with you – things I’ve pinned lately to try (or have tried).
New Things to Cook
- Does this not look heavenly? Grilled mozzarella cheese sandwiches served up with a side of marinara! It’s like a personal pizza – sounds so good.
- And I’ve always wanted to try a Texas Sheet Cake – they look sooo sweet, though. This one might be better? It’s a lightened-up version.
- I remember Mama making cabbage rolls when we grew up – I didn’t like the cabbage but I loved the stuffing. I might try these for the girls.
- This peach cobbler-cake looks really, really good. I may have to try this with some frozen peaches sometime soon.
- Love this “mudroom” setup in the garage. I may have to get SuperMan to do this for us.
- And this reading nook just invites you in – would love to have that somewhere in my house.
- If I ever get my upstairs laundry room that I want, I think this will be a must-have.
Project Life Ideas
- I love using Pinterest to keep up with my ideas for Project Life and scrapbooking – like this blog post outlining a PL process.
- and these beautiful free printables – love them!
- Love the colors on this project life layout – so happy.
- And these ideas for capturing your intentions for the year in your PL album – awesome. (I love the typesetting here, too)
One Last Thing
And I’ll leave you with one little bit of silliness – I still laugh when I read this: