Welcome to 2012! (yeah, yeah, I know it’s already the 5th…)
Are you going to jump on the menu planning bandwagon this year?
I’ve already gotten on my soapbox about the benefits of menu planning (at least a time or two or three!?!) so I won’t go there today.
Just thought I’d let you know that even though I didn’t post my menu plan on Monday, I still have one for the week. I was busy playing with my family and enjoying the last day of holidays with SuperMan.
Here’s what we have planned for our week:
- Monday: Pork Chops a-la SuperMan with boiled & buttered potatoes & veggies.
- Tuesday: Chicken & Dumplings (it was a COLD day – not above freezing all day and I wanted SuperMan to have something warm when he got home from working outside all day)
- Wednesday: Roast (in the crock pot) (but with venison instead of beef) with rice & veggies (again, something warm & hearty)
- Thursday: Chicken Parmesan (maybe – or leftovers)
- Friday (or Saturday): Chicken Lettuce wraps. This was on my list of things to make when SuperMan was home. He helps with the prep work and we never got around to it. I’m still craving them, so they go on this week’s menu.
- Saturday: probably leftovers
- Sunday: eat lunch out (maybe) and dinner with our Small Group from church.
What about you? Have you changed your eating plans post-holiday? Getting rid of the goodies and going to the heartier winter fare?
One thought on “Menu Planning 2012”