I’m reading a great book right now- it’s a monster (700+ pages!) but it is so good I don’t even mind the fact that it is quite a project to read. I’ll share some thoughts about it in an upcoming post, but I thought that today I’d share a recap of some of my favorite reads from 2011.
You will recall I do a monthly “What I’m Reading Right Now” post. You can check those out for more detailed reviews of the books.
Here are my top five favorite books for 2011: (in no particular order)
- The Cupcake Bakery Mysteries. These were sooo cute. I am looking forward to #4 in the series.
- A Discovery of Witches. This was an awesome book. I believe there is another one coming out for this series, too. Can’t wait.
- The Peach Keeper. I love anything by Sarah Addison Allen. She is such a talented writer.
- Juliet. Romeo & Juliet reinvented. Very engrossing.
- Prayers for Sale. This one was so, so good. Great characters, great story.
And one more for good measure:
- Game of Thrones (I’m reading it right now, but started in 2011, so it counts, right? REALLY good. More on this one soon.
What about you? What were your favorite books in 2011?
Are you planning any good reads for 2012? I’m hoping to read the next installment of Game of Thrones and I’ve got these books on my to-read wish list on my Nook:
- Does the Noise in my Head Bother You? Steven Tyler
After watching him on Oprah’s new show, I’m very curious to read this one.
- Secret Daughter
This one looks very intriguing. A story of two women – the one who gave up a baby girl for adoption and the adoptive mother.
- The Secret Cardinal
To satisfy my adventure-story needs.
- John Adams
The story of the second president. Sounds really good.
Well, that’s it for now. I’m sure I’ll be adding more books to my wish list…
I’d love to hear from you on any suggestions you may have!
2 thoughts on “What I’m Reading Right Now (2011 Recap)”
I’m curious to know more about the Steven Tyler book after you read it. I’d have to look at my list of books read to tell you what I read this year. I read over 50 some books. Maybe I’ll post my favorites to my blog as well. Almost all of them are Urban Fantasy though. Not sure if you like that.
I’ll let you know when I get around to reading it. I’m knee deep in the Game of Thrones now.