If you’re like me, you’re always looking for something new to try – and yet I always seem to stick to the same tried-and-true recipes. I think it is because it is easier on a busy week night to stick with what you know (and know your family will eat!) than to break out the new recipes.
It is more about getting people fed than it is about being creative and trying new things. (or at least it is for me)
But, there are days when I just want something new and fresh and different.
And Saturdays are usually my “experimental” cooking days – Saturdays or Mondays. Saturdays are good because I have all the time in the world and can experiment to my heart’s content. Mondays are good because I’m (relatively) rested from the weekend and (more importantly) everyone is out of the house and I have peace and quiet to craft, create and experiment with new recipes.
But I’m always on the hunt for things other people have tried and loved and today I thought I’d share with you another list of the recipes I’ve flagged lately as “must try this.”
- Grilled Cheeseburger Wrap – this one looks really yummy & easy and the unique presentation of a “boring” cheeseburger might actually be novel enough to get the kids to try it.
- Parmesan Garlic Crusted Chicken – simple, yummy and easy. Sounds good to me.
- Cube Steak Casserole – curious about this one…
- Honey Oatmeal Bread – very similar to my standard bread recipe, but with the addition of oatmeal. I will have to experiment with this one.
- Fast & Easy Chicken & Rice – this looks like a really good version of “fried rice” that I will have to try.
- Chewy Granola Bars – wondering if I get the girls to help me make this if they’d actually eat them!
Okay, that’s all for now – any recipes you are dying to try? Share them with the rest of us in the comments!
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad (loishouston.wordpress.com)
- Menu Plan Monday ~ 15 August (loishouston.wordpress.com)