Well, hello, there! Happy Monday to you.
I’m sitting here sipping a cup of my favorite tea, nibbling on a slice of pound cake and contemplating my week. I’m thinking about what I’d really like to do versus what I have to do…
What I’d like to do includes some crocheting/knitting, a hike on the mountain, some baking and maybe some apple picking. What I have to do includes work, laundry, early release for school and stuff like that.
Hmmm… which would you prefer? Yeah, me too.
Ah, well, it’s not to be, I guess. I’ll just fit in the fun where I can.
Here’s what I have planned for dinners/lunches this week. The girls have requested no sandwiches this year for their lunches, so I’ve gotten creative and we’re doing a lot of salads, leftovers and things like that in their lunchboxes. They’re loving it and I’m happy to see the empty containers coming home instead of half-eaten sandwiches.
- Monday: baked ham, rice & veggies (making extra rice for Wednesday’s dinner)
- Tuesday: chili mac & cornbread
- Wednesday: Chicken Stir Fry (served with Fried Rice) (with leftover rice from Monday)
- Thursday: grilled chicken (or maybe oven-“fried” chicken tenders) with roasted potatoes & veggies
- Friday: Fajitas (requested by the family)
- Monday: bagel bites, apple/clementine, yogurt & granola bar
- Tuesday: leftover ham slices, cheddar cheese, crackers & fruit
- Wednesday: chili mac in thermoses
- Thursday:leftover stir fry rice
- Friday: salads with grilled chicken
I’m also thinking about making a batch of my baked oatmeal for breakfast and possibly an apple cake for snacks.
What’s cookin’ in your kitchen this week?
Hop on over to orgjunkie.com for more dinner ideas…
- Menu Plan Monday ~ 20 August 12 (thoughtsalonglifeshighway.com)
5 thoughts on “A Mellow Monday of Menu Planning”
I’m stopping by from Organizing Junkie’s menu link up.
I love your lunch menu! I struggle with lunches for us here at home. I have 2 little ones and some days it’s tough coming up with good stuff to eat.
And fajitas… I think that’s one of my top 5 favorite meals. Your menu looks delish!
Thanks for stopping by! I am just now starting lunch menus but am finding that I really, really like it – as do my kids. It makes my mornings so much easier and I’m finding that I actually start making lunches the night before because I already know what I’m going to do… and that is just wonderful for a non-morning-person like me.
I’m always interested in some new recipes to add to my Recipe File Box. That’s why I love MPM!
Looks like there’s going to be lots of yummy meals eaten this week.
That’s why I love MPM, too. I love getting new ideas!
thanks for stopping by!