I’m sitting here sipping a cup of my favorite tea, nibbling on a slice of pound cake and contemplating my week. I’m thinking about what I’d really like to do versus what I have to do…
What I’d like to do includes some crocheting/knitting, a hike on the mountain, some baking and maybe some apple picking. What I have to do includes work, laundry, early release for school and stuff like that.
Hmmm… which would you prefer? Yeah, me too.
Ah, well, it’s not to be, I guess. I’ll just fit in the fun where I can.
Here’s what I have planned for dinners/lunches this week. The girls have requested no sandwiches this year for their lunches, so I’ve gotten creative and we’re doing a lot of salads, leftovers and things like that in their lunchboxes. They’re loving it and I’m happy to see the empty containers coming home instead of half-eaten sandwiches.
- Monday: baked ham, rice & veggies (making extra rice for Wednesday’s dinner)
- Tuesday: chili mac & cornbread
- Wednesday: Chicken Stir Fry (served with Fried Rice) (with leftover rice from Monday)
- Thursday: grilled chicken (or maybe oven-“fried” chicken tenders) with roasted potatoes & veggies
- Friday: Fajitas (requested by the family)
- Monday: bagel bites, apple/clementine, yogurt & granola bar
- Tuesday: leftover ham slices, cheddar cheese, crackers & fruit
- Wednesday: chili mac in thermoses
- Thursday:leftover stir fry rice
- Friday: salads with grilled chicken
What’s cookin’ in your kitchen this week?
Hop on over to orgjunkie.com for more dinner ideas…
- Menu Plan Monday ~ 20 August 12 (thoughtsalonglifeshighway.com)