Wow! It’s the HOLIDAYS already!
When did THAT happen??
One minute, you’re sunning yourself by the pool and the next time you look around people are singing Christmas carols and putting up lights.
I hope those of you in the U.S. had a most wonderful Thanksgiving week. We had a very nice week ourselves. I am happy to report that I managed to stay at home for four straight days. Yep, I didn’t even go past my mailbox for that entire time! It was absolute heaven! If I could figure out a way to have everything delivered, I could quite happily stay at home indefinitely.
My family (especially Super Man and Big Girl) are not of the same mindset, though, so Little Bit and I have to leave the compound occasionally, much to our chagrin.
This week, we’re gearing up for the Christmas festivities. The trees are up and waiting for decorations. The lights are up outside and most of the other décor is out and ready to enjoy.
Jingle the Elf made his debut on Saturday – the girls were thrilled. He’s already been up to mischief and found his way into a bowl of candy canes on Saturday night.
Today he was found riding the reindeer on the mantle. There’s no telling what else he’ll get into before Christmas!
It’s rainy and cold here in our little mountain town. Supposed to get snow tomorrow – which is amazing since we never usually get snow before January. They are saying it most likely will not stick, but the girls are thrilled regardless.
With the cold weather, I’m planning some warm, hearty meals for us this week. I want to be sure everyone’s tummies are filled and happy as we enter these long dark days of winter.
Here’s what we have planned:
- Monday: Roast Beef (crock pot) and mashed potatoes. Also eating up the rest of the Thanksgiving veggie leftovers.
- Tuesday: Crock Pot Meatloaf & potatoes
- Wednesday: Teriyaki Chicken & Fried Rice
- Thursday: Salmon Croquettes & Grits (SuperMan’s request)
I’ll also be making some Pasta Fagioli soup to take with me on a girls’ weekend.
- Friday: SuperMan and the girls will (probably) eat out, but I have the fixin’s for Tacos if they decide to eat them.
- Saturday: everyone’s on their own. I’ll be gone and they will probably head to Golden Corral – their favorite place to eat when Mommy’s out of town!
- Sunday: family dinner together after they go to church & I get home. Supper with our Small Group friends.
I’ve also made some brownies for lunch snacks this week and some baked oatmeal bars for breakfasts.
For lunch this week, I’m eating tortilla soup, made with the leftover turkey (instead of chicken).
Thinking I’ll make some more bread but waiting for a drier day – bread doesn’t do well in the high humidity. The honey-oatmeal bread turned out really, really good. A little crumbly, but tasty. I may up the moisture (or lower the flour) next time I make it. But it is definitely a keeper recipe.
What about you? Anything good planned?
Hop on over to orgjunkie.com for more menu ideas.
- Menu Plan Monday ~ 7 November (thoughtsalonglifeshighway.com)
- Menu Plan Monday ~ Thanksgiving Week (thoughtsalonglifeshighway.com)
- Menu Plan Monday ~ 14 November 11 (thoughtsalonglifeshighway.com)