(all of the images are from the blog posts themselves)
Let’s start with some food ones:
1. Homemade Oreo Ice Cream. Uh, yeah, how could this not make it onto my top 5 list? It’s not the same recipe as the one I already have for Oreo Ice Cream, but it looks really, really good. Now that I have an ice cream maker, I’m going to have to give this one a try.
2. Here’s a terrific-looking salad I want to try one day – especially when I have some leftover grilled chicken to put on it. Fiesta Ranch Vinaigrette Spinach Salad. Yum.
3. Here’s an idea I am using to make my own back deck a little more home-y and welcoming – hanging baskets! Now, if you know me, you know that I generally DO NOT have a green thumb. I usually kill green things – not out of neglect, but more out of over-loving, I think. Anyway, I’ve got some ferns and impatiens growing on the deck this year, thanks to this inspirational post and we’ll see how long they live!
I’m trying really hard here to make this Five on Friday not just about food – wonder why all my bookmarked posts seem to be about food? Hmmm…
4. AH! Here’s a great craft idea to do with the kids… as a matter of fact, I’d forgotten about it – Maybe I’ll take them to the craft store today and they can get the stuff to make these. So cute. The folks over at Make and Takes always have such cute ideas.
Okay, here’s the final one… and it was difficult finding one that was just right to round out my top 5 today but I think this fits just perfectly. (and of course, it’s another food one)
5. Lemon Coconut Pound Cake. Doesn’t it just make your mouth water to look at the picture? I mean, really? Yummy! I think I’m going to whip this up for a little get-together I’m going to this weekend. I’ve got some lemons on the counter and most of the other ingredients in the pantry, so it will be a fun experiment.
Okay, so that’s my top five for the week. I’ve got about a hundred other to share with you, but I’ll stop here…
What about you? Any top pick posts you have read this week? Share with us in the comments!