Wow. What a whirlwind it’s been the past few weeks. Someone told me last night that I looked tired. Uh, yeah! I’m tired! BIG GIANT CAPITAL LETTERS TIRED!
I will be SO happy when school is out – one less thing to keep up with and get up early for! Our schedule will slow down drastically and I can’t wait. I think the girls are in complete agreement, although I know they will be bored within a week or two of the summer break.
We’re all still sniffly-headed. I’m beginning to wonder if it is allergies and not a cold, because it has been going on for two weeks now. And typical over-the-counter cold meds don’t seem to touch it. I didn’t think we’d still be dealing with allergies this late in the season, but we have a weird spring/summer thing going right now.
It’s cold and rainy/dreary here today.
Winnie the Pooh weather.
I’ve sort of got a menu plan this week… trying to use some of the food in the freezer and utilize the crock pot to make it easier on me. I’m going to focus on comfort foods and flexibility, too. Cooking based on the crazy weather as well as our sniffly heads.
- Tonight we’re doing chicken & dumplings. I’m using my crock-pot short cut recipe.
- I cooked some ribs over the weekend, so we’ll have those probably Tuesday night for dinner.
- Crock Pot Lasagne (using the leftover spaghetti sauce extras from SuperMan’s manly luncheon last week)
- Chicken Pot Pie (using the leftover broth/chicken from the dumplings)
- I’m also hungry for some grilled shrimp. May try this recipe with some pasta with a garlic cream sauce. I could do some grilled chicken for the girls.
- And we’ll most likely round out the week with pizza or tacos on Friday night.
Hop on over to orgjunkie.com for some more Menu Plan Monday ideas!