Well, I am getting “back in the saddle” after two somewhat lazy cooking weeks. I found myself slipping into the “pick up something to eat for dinner” habit this week and that is not where I want my family to be – for both budgetary and health reasons.
So, I got my act together and picked up the things I need for meals for most of the week. I’m also baking and making my oatmeal bars for weekday breakfasts and trying a new bread recipe I’m hoping the family likes.
- Saturday: Baked Ham with rice & black-eyed peas
- Sunday: Spaghetti & meatballs with garlic bread
- Monday: Pork loin in the crock pot with rice & veggies
- Tuesday: Salisbury steak, mashed potato & gravy
- Wednesday: homemade chicken nuggets & roasted potato wedges with a garden salad
- Thursday: slow cooker pork chops & rice
- Friday: dinner at friends’ house
I’m sure we will eat a few ham sandwiches this week for lunch and if any of these dinner plans get derailed there is always leftover spaghetti to fall back on.
What are your dinner plans for the week?