If you are looking for a little inspiration for your scrapbook pages, or a new project to focus on this year, there are tons available:
- There is the now-classic “Project 365” for those of you into a photo-a-day project. You can even purchase Becky Higgins’ new Project Life kit to help simplify the process.
- One of the gals from the Blogging for Scrapbookers class (Dolly) is offering her own set of prompts: 52 in 10. It’s a weekly challenge.
- Shimelle is offering a free class “Document 2010”
- Cathy Zielske is offering a template: Seven Days, to document a week in your life. It’s a cool template, regardless of how you use it.
- Simple Scrapper is offering Project 10×12, focusing on the top 10 photos each month of the year.
What am I doing?
Well, I tried Project 365 last year. That required a little bit more diligence and dedication than I had in me.
While I love the concept, life is just too busy/crazy for me to remember to take a picture every day, journal something, and then put it all together. I still have pictures from June/July of my P365 album I need to scrap. Nope, that won’t be me again.
I did buy the Project Life kit, though.
And here is what I thought I’d do.
I’m always taking pictures. Some days I take 5, some zero. But I thought I could use that for the quick and easy scrapbooking to document those little bits of life.
I am also curious about Dolly’s class and Shimelle’s class. So I will probably do a few pages based on their prompts as the inspiration strikes me.
Other than that? I am going to focus on two things:
- scrapbooking more STORIES this year.
- scrapbooking more about me… what my life is like, my hopes, dreams, thoughts, etc. I want my girls to know what life was like when they were little (when and if they read the scrapbooks when they are older) and I want to document what my life is like right now so I can look back one day and remember life with my little ones.
What about you? What are your projects for this year?