I haven’t been posting (in like FOR.EV.ER) but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been menu planning.
Now that school is back in session, menu plans are even more critical to my success managing work and home activities.
Here’s what we have planned for this week:
- Monday – Chicken Cesar Pasta Salad – this is an old standby I discovered last year and the family LOVES it. It’s a Cook’s Country recipe and I don’t deviate from it much because it works. And we love it.
- Tuesday – Meatloaf and roasted potatoes. I also have some asparagus I’ll probably roast because I need to finish it up before it goes bad.
- Wednesday – Rotisserie chicken, baked potatoes and salad. An old standby for busy days.
- Thursday – Mexican Potato Casserole and taco salads for the kids
- Friday – May try to make Carnitas with some leftover pork butt I have
- Saturday and Sunday I’ll figure out closer to the weekend.
Lunches will be a fabulous Sopa de Pollo (that’s Mexican chicken soup – for me) that I’ve finally figured out (recipe soon) and an assortment of the following for the kids’ lunchboxes:
- sub sandwiches
- chicken cesar pasta salad leftovers
- snacky plate (salami, pepperoni, cheeses & crackers)
- hummus wraps (see recipe idea here)
SuperMan usually takes leftovers from dinner for his lunch.
What’s on your menu this week?
Check out more yummy menu ideas over on orgjunkie.com.
4 thoughts on “Menu Plan Monday”
Glad to see you posts again… We have snacky lunch too!
What’s in your snacky lunches?
Can’t wait to see the soup recipe, sounds like something I could dig (maybe when it isn’t 90?) I sort of plan Friday-Thursday but rounding my current plan is Chicken Saltimboca wirh Orzo and broccoli tonight, french toast and bacon breakfast for dinner tomorrow and then maybe something out of the freezer for Wed-Thurs. Work has been kicking my tail…
I know the feeling about work – which I why I’m getting back on the bandwagon of doing freezer meals and crock-pot meals. Trying to plan a freezer cooking day soon so I can restock – our freezer went kaput last month and I lost a TON of stockpiled food!