I haven’t been posting (in like FOR.EV.ER) but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been menu planning.
Now that school is back in session, menu plans are even more critical to my success managing work and home activities.
Here’s what we have planned for this week:
- Monday – Chicken Cesar Pasta Salad – this is an old standby I discovered last year and the family LOVES it. It’s a Cook’s Country recipe and I don’t deviate from it much because it works. And we love it.
- Tuesday – Meatloaf and roasted potatoes. I also have some asparagus I’ll probably roast because I need to finish it up before it goes bad.
- Wednesday – Rotisserie chicken, baked potatoes and salad. An old standby for busy days.
- Thursday – Mexican Potato Casserole and taco salads for the kids
- Friday – May try to make Carnitas with some leftover pork butt I have
- Saturday and Sunday I’ll figure out closer to the weekend.
Lunches will be a fabulous Sopa de Pollo (that’s Mexican chicken soup – for me) that I’ve finally figured out (recipe soon) and an assortment of the following for the kids’ lunchboxes:
- sub sandwiches
- chicken cesar pasta salad leftovers
- snacky plate (salami, pepperoni, cheeses & crackers)
- hummus wraps (see recipe idea here)
SuperMan usually takes leftovers from dinner for his lunch.
What’s on your menu this week?
Check out more yummy menu ideas over on orgjunkie.com.