I started earlier this year doing a monthly round up like Katie the Scrapook Lady does. I loved the idea of a recap of what I did during the month – something that would would make it easy to look back and see a highlight of the month all on one page.
I did great the first few months of the year and then sort of fell off the wagon as the last month or two of school rolled around. Life got crazy and this was not high on the priority list.
Now I am sad because I lost those months, but I am determined to get back on track and start again for June.
So, here is my round up!
- What reading/learning did I do this month? (books, blogs, magazines, ebooks, podcasts, classes, etc.)
- The Yard, by Alex Grecian (you can read my review here)
- Untraceable, Unspeakable & Unforgiveable (books 1-3 of the Tracers series by Laura Griffin)
- I also caught up on a lot of my blog reading and began a Bible study with the ladies from She Reads Truth
- What entertainment did I watch/listen to this month?(movies, tv shows, plays, music, concerts, etc.)
- My beautiful Little Bit had her dance recitals
- SuperMan and I went to see two plays – Illyria and Much Ado About Nothing at the Georgia Shakespeare summer rep
- The girls went to see Brave and SuperMan saw Prometheus in the movie theater
- What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
- I made my annual pilgrimage to HQ and got to see my California work friends and spend an evening hanging out with my brother.
- We started bowling on Fridays as part of the Kids Bowl Free summer program
- Big Girl had her first-ever massage (her 5th Grade Graduation present)
- The girls went to art camp with their art teacher
- What gifts did I give and/or receive?
- For Father’s Day, we gave SuperMan lots of love, rest, and special cooking
- What special or unusual purchases did I make?
- Bought the girls SFO t-shirts on my trip and one for SuperMan from Johnny Garlic’s (Guy Fieri’s restaurant)
- What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
- Overall, a healthy month. Trying to get back on track with my eating and exercise.
- We all battled a little bit of allergies when the crepe myrtles bloomed but we’ve weathered that storm (metaphorically speaking) and we’re back to the bloom of health. (sorry, I couldn’t resist)
- What were my accomplishments this month?
- Losing four pounds
- Back on more healthy eating
- Back to exercising daily
- Caught up on my Project Life pages
- making time every day to spend a little me-focused time – recharging the battery
- What were my disappointments this month?
- a few of the new dinners I tried were not so successful – but that’s a pretty small thing in the overall scheme of things
- How did I do on my goals for the month? (Or any current short or long term goals)
- back on track with exercise & diet
Overall, a busy but productive month!