As I was mixing this up on Friday afternoon, I thought I’d share this recipe with you again. It’s one of those family favorites that we go back to again and again… especially for special occasions. And this weekend, we’re having special visitors and so I thought it was appropriate to bake.
And I thought you should be able to enjoy it too! And since I can’t bake one for ALL of you – sharing the recipe is the closest I can come…
Grandma Achord’s Lemon Pound Cake
3 cups white sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 sticks butter
1/4 tsp baking soda
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp almond extract
zest from one lemon (optional)
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add sour cream and extracts.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add flour and baking soda slowly.
- Beat only long enough to get flour mixed in well.
- Pour into greased tube or Bundt pan and bake at 325 for 1 hour 20 min.
We usually don’t ever get around to it because we gobble up the cake so quickly, but Grandma always made a glaze by mixing a few teaspoons of lemon juice with some powdered sugar (about 2 cups) and drizzled it over the cake.
- Springtime Sunshine Cake (thoughtsalonglifeshighway.com)