Happy February 1st!
If you are a scrapbooker, you’ve probably heard of Katie the Scrapbook Lady. Well, if you are a scrapbooker and avid blog reader, you probably have.
Anyway, Katie does a monthly series called “The Roundup” in which she highlights the previous month by answering some questions and then captures it in a scrapbook page. I’ve always admired these roundups and thought it was a great way to get a snapshot of the month. But, I’ve never done them.
So, with my Project Life project in it’s third year and that process well established (loving my new Saturday afternoon scrapbooking habit) I decided to add a monthly roundup to my process. This will be a digital page that I’ll print (maybe even printing all 12 at the end of the year as a single book?) and include along with the Project Life album.
So, let’s get started…
my January Roundup
Books I read:
- Labyrinth, by Kate Mosse
Movies, TV Shows, etc. I watched:
- I’m hooked on Downton Abbey!
Fun things we did together:
- Hiking and walking (until everyone got sick!)
- Family movie nights
Gifts I gave/received:
- Finally gave Jane her Christmas gift!
Accomplishments this month:
- Walking (again)
- Making better choices with eating
- Started another knitting project
- Attended Cup of Joy retreat
- Project Life is current (and I’m loving it!)
- Big Girl finished her speech (early!)
- Little Bit was selected for a Principal Pal award at school.
Disappointments this month:
- The kids both got sick.
- It rained. (a lot!)
How did I do on my goals this month?
- I didn’t get to walk every day like I had planned.
- I did get back on track with my eating (no more cookies before bed!)
And here’s the scrapbook page:
You can see Katie’s round up over on her blog.