Well, I’m a day late, but that is because I took a little vacation from blogging to celebrate the holidays with my family. I’m sure you can understand.
The girls really enjoyed their Christmas goodies…
We had a very nice Christmas – very peaceful and relaxing – which was nice after the whirlwind trip to my mom’s to see my brother and his family. That was an AWESOME trip, but very tiring. The girls and I are looking forward to a quiet week this week at home. They have asked to not leave the house all week. (LOL) I’m sure that they will change their minds by mid-week, but right now, I’m enjoying being at home and having some down time.
The week’s menu is pretty simple, too. After all the rich foods of the past couple weeks – sweets, party foods, Christmas dinners (three of them!) and the like – I’m ready for something simple.
SuperMan asked specifically that we have no beef this week! He is “meated out” he said. So I’m trying to focus on poultry. Of course, I’ll be sprouting feathers before the week is out!!
Here’s what we’ve got going on this week:
- Monday: Salmon Croquettes & Cheese Grits (pizza for Big Girl who doesn’t like fish) (follow the link for links to cheese grits recipes, too)
- Tuesday: Turkey in the crock pot (repurposing the leftovers with a creamy base) and rice & veggies
- Wednesday: Fajitas/Tacos
- Thursday: Leftovers
- Friday: Stir Fry Teriyaki Chicken & Rice (trying a new recipe)
- Saturday: Chili – we’re having a little get-together with some friends & I’m taking chili to share
- Sunday: Chicken lettuce wraps (PF Chang’s style)
Hop on over to orgjunkie.com for more menu ideas!