My thoughts are scattered this morning. Too many things going on – too many things to think through – plan “a,” plan “b,” plan “whatever” and so forth. I am finding it hard to settle on one thing – my mind tosses back and forth between topics, jumping from one to another almost before a thought is finished.
I need some solitude. I need some peace.
I need to go find a cabin in the mountains and pretend that my greatest concern is whether to nap or eat lunch first.
But, that’s not going to happen right now. So, instead, I thought I’d share some of these random thoughts with you today.
5 things I love right now
- Warm blankets to snuggle under – especially as the air turns cooler and there’s a chill in the evening.
- Hot tea to nurture my throat and my soul, warm my body and soothe my mind.
- The changing leaves – God’s glory, visible for us all to see.
- Snuggles from my girls, reminding me of what is really important in life -to stop and be present in the moment and relish those simple, special times together.
5 things I don’t!
- The obnoxious squirrels who scavenge all the birdseed and make a mess of my deck in the process.
- People who say one thing and mean another, who make mountains out of molehills and who aren’t straightforward or honest with you.
- The colds and viruses that run rampant this time of year.
- Stress that comes from the unknown and unplannable happenings in life.
And now I am off to create a list – of things to do, things to remember, things to accomplish. I’m hopeful that capturing it all in one place will allow my brain to settle a bit – focus on the task at hand – and lower my stress level a little.
Recipes to come later this week – and maybe some more scrapbook pages!
Make it a great day!