I made Chicken Tortilla soup for lunch on Monday. It was a cold, rainy, Winnie-the-Pooh kind of blustery day. SuperMan was rained out for work and I was freezing cold all day. Seemed like a good time to make soup to me.
I made a modified version of a recipe I received from a friend. It was super-yummy.
And one of the things I was proud of was the fact that I didn’t over-cook. For once, I don’t have a vat of soup to eat through. It was just enough for us to have lunch, dinner, and one lunch leftover container. Perfect.
That is rare for me, but I managed it this time. 🙂
Anyway, thought I’d share the recipe with you.
I have another tortilla soup recipe already on the recipe list, but one can never have too many recipes to try, right?
This one is super-easy and mixes up quickly.
Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup
1 lb chicken breast
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 c frozen corn kernels
1/2 c frozen diced onion(or fresh)
1/2 c frozen diced bell pepper (or fresh)
~ 1 c Velveeta
1 box chicken broth (~32 oz)
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch dressing seasoning (dry mix)
- Sauté chicken in large stock pot in olive oil. Season with House Seasoning.
- While chicken is cooking, put broth and Velveeta (cut into cubes) in a large bowl and microwave in 2 minute intervals, stirring in between, until cheese is melted and incorporated into broth.
- Remove chicken from pot and cut in bite-sized pieces.
- Sauté onion & bell pepper, adding a little more olive oil if needed.
- Add chicken back to pot.
- Pour in broth mixture.
- Add corn, beans, seasoning packets.
- Bring to a boil & then reduce heat & simmer for about 20 minutes.
One thought on “Another Tortilla Soup Recipe for you”