Hi! Thanks for visiting!
If you're reading this and haven't taken a minute to answer the survey I've posted earlier this week, I would really appreciate it if you did and it won't take but just a minute.
Now, on to today's post:
Happy Spring, y’all!
I say that as I sit here listening to the birdies chirping and my eyes are watering and my nose running. Achoo! I am so happy spring is here, even if that means the pollen counts hover close to the 1,000’s and that I’ll most likely be miserable with allergies for a few weeks.
I’m so happy that it is finally sunny and warm – I’m so happy the kids get to play outside and the flowers are blooming.
I’ll put up with the pollen and the sneezing and itchy eyes.
As I sat on the back deck this weekend, I noticed our dogwoods are starting to bloom.
… and look at all the holes in this tree from the woodpeckers! We have three or four different kinds in the woods outside our house. I love watching them.
I’m lightening up our menu at home, too, now that the weather is warming up. I’m thinking more about salads – green salads, pasta salads, and about grilled foods. Less heavy items and I’ll probably be packing up the crock pots for a while – well, maybe one or two anyway. 😉
I posted a series last week on how I approach menu planning. You can start with Part One here.
Here’s what we have planned this week:
- Monday – Baked Ham, rice, black-eyed peas (mac & cheese to go with the ham for the kids)
- Tuesday – Country-style chicken & gravy with rice & veggies
- Wednesday – leftovers
- Thursday - Salisbury Steak w/ mashed potatoes
- Friday – Grilled chicken & grilled veggies, salads & baked/roasted potatoes
- Weekend cooking – chicken pasta salad, Sunshine Cake, whatever else strikes my fancy – maybe some Beer Can Chicken or my Dry Rub BBQ chicken.
And here’s what I have planned on the blog:
- I’ll be updating you all on my exercising adventures this week. I’ve been practicing my yoga to get myself a little more limber and I’m psyching myself up to tackle that exercise-video-from-hell again this week.
- I’ve also got some recipes planned and and an update on my reading. Beatrice has been quite busy lately.
Hope you have a great week!