Valentine’s day is less than a week away!
I am one of those people who loves to decorate for the holidays throughout the year – no matter how small they are. I love changing out the decor of my home in small ways. I think it freshens things up and gives me an excuse to do something new and different. (my blog, too, can you tell?)
I’ll never be a Martha Stewart (who will be?) and with kids, my house is never going to be pristine enough for the decorating I’d like to do – but it makes me happy so I do it.
I have been decorating this way ever since we got our first house. I can remember loving to get the new Lillian Vernon catalog so I could see what the latest decorations are that I could order and hang.
I used to have a different wreath for the front door for every single month of the year.
Now? I’m a little more laid back in my decorating.
I take more of the do-it-yourself approach.
And what helps me is the internet –
There are all kinds of adorable Valentine’s freebies out there on the web right now.
I keep finding more and more.
And what a great, affordable way to decorate your home for Valentine’s day!
I keep a few 4×6 and 5×7 frames (silver and black ones) that I rotate out seasonal printables. That way, I always have something that is in keeping with the season and it only costs me a few pennies for printer ink and paper.
This is a Creative Memories frame that I absolutely LOVE. I swap it out all the time with scrapbook pages, pictures and printables – however the mood strikes me. It’s funny – my friends love looking to see what is new every time they come to visit.
I took the easy way out for February and just printed some of these freebies and put them up there. I have intentions of mounting that big one on some scrapbook paper, but that hasn’t been high on the priority list lately.
This is one of Becky Higgins’ printables and I love it. I put it in a silver frame in my living room. I will probably leave it up way past Valentine’s because I think it is a very appropriate sentiment to remember every single day.
Of course, you can always create your own, especially if you are a digital scrapbooker.
Here are a few I’ve found online, just in case you want to print your own:
- Becky Higgins’ Love One Another printables. She always has such crisp, clean designs.
- Crafting Chicks’ Valentine’s Subway Art (hanging on the board up there)
- DIY Felt Valentine Envelopes – so cute!
- Here’s a digi kit to make your own (and it’s free!)
- I absolutely LOVE this one that is on Design House Digital’s site.
I love Robyn Meierotto’s designs. (it's the big one on the board up there)
- This one is a dollar for the download, but I like the ideas.
- Katie the Scrapbook Lady has a great guide to scrapbook ideas for Valentine's
- This one is not really Valentine’s related, but I love the concept.
- This is an absolutely adorable craft to do with dollar aisle finds from Target.
- Write.Click.Scrapbook is having a week-long Valentine's fest with a very cute printable to start the week off!
And here is a great tutorial on making your own printables & subway art, even if you are not a digi scrapper!
I also add some cutsie towels, pink and red candles throughout the house – in the kitchen and in the guest bathroom.
How about you? Are you a seasonal decorator?