1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags as long as I can get away with it.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. Goes much better with my allergies.
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving if we are home. If not, the very next week.
4. When do you take the tree down? January 6. The Feast of the Epiphany.
5. Favorite gift received as a child? The sapphire ring my mom and dad gave me one year. I felt very grown up and special.
6. Hardest person to buy for? Mom & step-Dad. They are like me. They already have everything they want (or they just go buy it) so it is hard to get them something new.
7. Easiest person to buy for? Little Princess right now. Barbie all the way and she is a happy girl.
8. Mail or email Christmas cards? mailed traditional cards.
9. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Santa Clause series has become a tradition in our house in the last few years. I don’t really have a favorite myself, but I love watching the girls watch these.
10. When do you start shopping for Christmas? August/September – after I recover from Back-to-School shopping.
11. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? re-gifted? probably. but I will never admit it if you ask.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Pizelles. Brings back memories of making them with my grandma and mom.
13. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? clear all the way; although the girls have snuck a few colored light decorations in the house lately.
14. Favorite Christmas song? It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Harry Connick, Jr. – he can sing for me any time.) I also love Oh Holy Night.
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? home
16. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? Angel – it’s actually a Boyds Bears angel bear. I used to collect them. I have all sorts of Boyds Christmas critters scattered around the house.
17. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? In the morning – the kids wake us up at some ungodly hour and we try to pretend to be awake while they open presents. I always try to sneak a nap later in the day.
18. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The cheesy holiday movies that Lifetime and the other chick cable stations try to pass off as specials.
19. What do you want for Christmas this year? Time to do whatever I want.
20. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? Traditional, but in deep shades.
Want to play along? Post your answers in the comments or on your own blog and link back here and/or include your blog link in a comment.