Fall doesn’t officially start until September 23 – but around here, the day after Labor Day is the unofficial first day of Fall. And it sure felt Fall-ish this morning when I woke to fifty-something degree temperatures outside. How wonderful it was to feel that coolness in the air! Of course, it will be ninety before the day is out, but at least we’re getting a taste of Fall temperatures already. The girls are anxious for the cool weather, too. They have new clothes to try out and they’re ready to be able to run amok outside without coming in soaked and stinky and sweaty.
Fall is my favorite time of the year. I love it for so many reasons:
- I love the crisp, cool air – and the fact that I can leave the doors and windows open all day. And I love how the sky always seems SO BLUE and so bright on those cool Autumn days.
- I love the nesting instinct that kicks in when the weather changes. I want to spruce things up, tidy up, and put out new decor. (I got my Halloween/Fall decorations out of the basement this morning but am trying to resist putting them out for at least another week – although I probably won’t make it)
- I love cooking new things – more comfort foods and heartier meals – with the change in weather.
- I love the fact that Fall usually signals a re-start to my scrapbooking. I have a retreat this weekend and I can’t wait to spend some dedicated time on my albums. I haven’t really done much since the last retreat in April.
- I love snuggling under my down comforter when the nights are cool. I am sure SuperMan is not looking forward to that – he usually melts – but I can’t wait to drag that thing out of storage and snuggle down!
- I love watching the leaves fall, and the colors on the mountain outside my window change.
- I love watching my kitties and pups get frisky and romp around in the cool mornings.
- I love carved pumpkins, Halloween costumes, and watching the kids trick-or-treat.
I could probably go on and on about the things I love about Fall.
What is your favorite season? Why?