I am the only one who drinks egg nog in our house, but I anxiously await the appearance of the little jugs in the grocery store each year and then drink the stuff very slowly so I can enjoy it that much longer.
The kids love hot chocolate and are always asking if it’s cold enough for hot cocoa.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa is way too busy to be bothered wrapping presents! Besides, who wants to wait to see what he brought?
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I am a white light girl. The girls, well, they like the colored. Usually, I insist on white only. This year, I compromised so we have both. All are happy.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving is when we start getting things up.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
Dinner and opening gifts at my grandparents’ house on Christmas eve.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
That he lives at the North Pole? a long time ago.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We used to open gifts at my grandmother’s on Christmas Eve and then our family gifts on Christmas morning. Since we have started our own Christmas traditions with our little family, we do Christmas morning gifts – followed by New Year’s opening at my mom’s (she lives too far away to visit on Christmas day). This year, they changed up on us, though and came here on the 21st! So we have had Christmas WEEK celebrations.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
pre-lit tree, homemade ornaments and ornaments I’ve collected through the years from our travels, some gold & “glass” garland.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Wish we’d get some. Never do.
12. Can you ice skate?
I can’t. Probably can’t roller skate either, although that is probably the closest I’d get to ice skating around here.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I remember the year my parents gave me my class ring for Christmas.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Watching my girls’ excitement. Spending time with people I love. Celebrating the birth of our Savior.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
all the cookies I bake (and then wear for the next few months)
Pizzelles – they are an Italian cookie. Mom and I used to make them with Grandma. Now, I make them with my girls. I love the sense of tradition and history I feel as I teach my girls the traditions I grew up with.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Oh, goodness. Decorating the tree. Baking. Christmas gatherings. Christmas cards. The quiet and anticipation on Christmas Eve after everyone goes to bed. We usually sit by the tree and look at the twinkly lights and talk about all the things that have happened this year.
17. What tops your tree?
A Boyd’s Bears Angel
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
White Christmas (The Original), I’ll be Home for Christmas
20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?
Yum, but I don’t eat them much anymore. Too sticky.
21 Favorite Christmas Show?
Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
22. Saddest Christmas Song?
That one about the shoes. I mean, really, who wants to cry at Christmas?
Ok, now your turn! What are your answers?