Well, that was fun (not) –
I’ve been sick for the past two days with a stomach bug – the kind that reminded me of the worst morning sickness days of my pregnancies. I lived off of saltine crackers, plain bagels and ginger ale for two and a half days. Not sure if it was a virus or food poisoning, but it was most definitely not fun and I’m so glad I’m feeling better this morning.
I have a yummy and easy recipe to share with you. This is one you can literally have in the oven in 10 minutes if you have the ingredients on hand – and dinner in a half hour. Super simple.
I made it one night last week when I was crazy busy with work and needed something filling and fast. I served with a salad and garlic bread and the family loved it.
It’s kind of like a lazy-woman’s lasagna. But tasty in it’s own right. And, ironically, the little one doesn’t like lasagna, but loved this.
1 large package prepared three-cheese ravioli
1 quart marinara sauce (you can use jarred, I used leftovers)
1 pound ground beef
Houston House Seasoning
2 cups mozzarella or three-cheese Italian blend
- Preheat oven to 350
- Brown the ground beef. Season with Houston House Seasoning & Italian Seasoning.
- In a large casserole dish (deep dish is best) put about 1/2 cup of marinara. This will coat the bottom of the pan so the pasta won’t stick.
- Add in one layer of ravioli. (if they are frozen, that’s fine)
- Spread about half of the ground beef on top and cover with some more marinara.
- Add in another layer of ravioli and top with the remaining beef and marinara.
- Top with cheese
- Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes.
Let it sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with a salad & garlic bread.