I started earlier this year doing a monthly round up like Katie the Scrapook Lady does. I loved the idea of a recap of what I did during the month – something that would would make it easy to look back and see a highlight of the month all on one page.
I did great the first few months of the year and then sort of fell off the wagon as the last month or two of school rolled around. Life got crazy and this was not high on the priority list.
Well, it’s August and time for the roundup from July – I’m determined to stay on track from now through the end of the year. Heck, I may even get around to scrapbooking the pages, too!
So, here is my round up!
What reading/learning did I do this month? (books, blogs, magazines, ebooks, podcasts, classes, etc.)
- Shadow of Night, by Deborah Harkness
- Heresy by S.J. Parris
- Sacrilege by S.J. Parris
- Yoga Journal, Family Circle, Cooks Country, Cooks Illustrated, Eating Well
What entertainment did I watch/listen to this month?(movies, tv shows, plays, music, concerts, etc.)
- We took a family mini-vacation to St. Augustine
- We visited family in Savannah
- Many trips to the pool
- The girls had sleepovers with friends
- We celebrated Little Bit’s birthday
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
- Birthday goodies for Little Bit, including a new iPod Touch
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
- school supplies!
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
- Overall, a healthy month. Trying to get back on track with my eating and exercise.
What were my accomplishments this month?
- Back on more healthy eating
- Back to school shopping completed with plenty of time to spare
What were my disappointments this month?
- not so good on the exercise front – although it was so stinkin’ hot, it was hard to get motivated here
Overall, a busy but productive month!
- June Roundup (thoughtsalonglifeshighway.com)