I had to get up “early” this morning (well, early for Summertime standards, anyway) because of a morning conference call – only to find it had been canceled due to technical difficulties. Can’t say I was sad – I’m not a morning person and trying to be professional early in the morning is a bit of a stretch for me. I can pull it off, but I don’t like to.
I’m hoping this week is better than last week was. It was a hectic, hassled, emotional mess. The girls are feeling better, so that is a good sign. Lots going on with work, but as long as everyone is healthy, that’s easily handled.
We have a lot of leftovers from Sunday’s dinner – had a few no-shows – so we’ll be eating that for lunches this week. I’ve a great pasta salad improvisation to share with you later this week.
I also want to share a terrific dessert recipe – Oreo pie! Oh.my.gosh, it was soooo good last night!
Dinner plans are below – true to summer, I’m keeping it loose and easy with flexible plans so we can adjust as the week rolls on.
- Spaghetti – requested by the girls
- BBQ chicken – using my dry-rub recipe
- Grilled shrimp (if I can find a bargain at the store) with cheese grits & salad
- SuperMan asked for Salmon Croquettes one night, so this may substitute for the shrimp
- I’m also pulling the slow cooker out – for beef tips in onion gravy one night
- We may also do some calzones with the leftover sauce from the spaghetti.
- Friday night Mexican
- Saturday has become grilled burgers & hot dogs as a standard
Hop on over to orgjunkie.com for some more great dinner ideas!