Happy Valentine’s Day!
I hope you find some time today to spend with the ones you love.
I know I will be working on some special treats for my family. Nothing big, but hopeful that they make them smile.
Here’s what’s on my menu this week – in no particular order. Some are repeats from earlier weeks because we’ve veered off the menu a few times. I also reserve the right to change up a little mid-week because I’ve subscribed to e-Mealz.com and I’m going to give a few of their recipes a whirl. It’s a great program, on the surface. $5 a month gets you a weekly menu and shopping list. What I like are the variety of choices you get – including ones that take advantage of grocery sales for Publix, Kroger, Aldi or WalMart. There are also Weight Watchers friendly menus.
I’ll let you know how it goes after we try our first month.
A couple of the items on my menu this week are from the first two menu plans I’ve downloaded, so I’m jumping in right away with some new things to try.
I like mixing it up a bit, while keeping my family favorites in the rotation.
Anyway, here is our menu:
- Sunday night: Crock Pot “Rotisserie” chicken
- Sloppy Joes (made w/ leftovers from the meatloaf)
- Chicken pot pie (with leftover chicken)
- Grilled steaks w/ twice baked potatoes
- Mexican Chicken Salad (from e-Mealz)
- Lettuce Wraps (from e-Mealz)
- Taco night (maybe served w/ Tortilla soup for the grown ups)
For lunches this week:
- Veggie Chili
- Chopped Blue Cheese Salad
- Tortilla soup (if I don’t do the chili)
Check out more menu ideas at orgjunkie.com